Sunday, November 1, 2015

HYCCT1531C Hope at the Finish Line

Hi Again Friends!

This card was created for the final Splitcoaststampers’  “Hope You Can Cling To” HYCCT1531C Lydia’s “FinishLine” Challenge (draw a line and have something intersect the line) along with the TLC557 Dangle Art Challenge.

I decided to use my hand drawn dangle lines to intersect with each other and the “H” for Hope.   This card was created in less than twenty minutes so I am not too pleased with the dangles (but hopefully whoever receives this will like the card)  :-)

Again, I hope you will have time to visit both galleries and check out all of the inspiration from the sample makers and entrants!

To create this card:

Ink the Hope “H” image  onto Whisper White cardstock using Stāz-On® Jet Black Ink and use Pigma Micron™ Pens to draw the dangles.

Color the hearts and other dangle images with Stampin’ Write Markers and add the script stamp in the center with Stāz-On® Jet Black.  

***FYI- I tried to add Titanium White Acrylic Paint dots to the main  line but they did not look as nice as I would have liked so I just diluted a bit- this looks better IRL but I would skip this step next time or use a different tool to obtain perfect dots :-) ***

Stamp the butterfly onto a separate piece of Whisper White cardstock using Stāz-On® Jet Black, fussy cut and color with the Blushing Bride Stampin’ Write Marker and brush Frost White Shimmer Paint over the wings.

Trim the dangle art panel and mount onto a piece of Melon Mambo cardstock, trim again and mount onto the Basic Black card front.

Add the butterfly to the card front and draw the antennae with a Pigma Micron™ Pen to finish off the card.

Stamp Sets:  Strength and Hope ( retired Stampin’ Up!)

Ink: Stāz-On® Jet Black, Pigma Micron™ Pens, Stampin’ Write Markers- Blushing Bride, Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise, Delightful Dijon; Frost White Shimmer Paint. Titanium White Acrylic Paint

Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Melon Mambo

Accessories; AquaPainter™

Thanks again for stopping by- wow, this has been a busy month for card making for me but it was for a very worthwhile cause... again, I hope all of you have a wonderful week.

Hugs and God Bless!

2 comments:

Jan Malcolm said...

golly Julie - I have just been up and down a little of your blog - your designs and work are awesone.. Phew I if I aspire to producing an iota's worth of what you have donme I would retire happy! your cards are stunning and so many mentions and accolades.
Beautiful and so well deserved!

Jan here in the UK x

Julie Gearinger said...

Jan, thank you so much for your sweet comments!! Thanks for taking the time to visit and encourage me so- hugs to you,my friend!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...